Lesson 5: Form Your Groups!
You have spent the last several weeks analyzing problems you, your family and people around the world experience. You have considered many categories of problems. It is time to select ONE problem you would like to pursue with the InVenture Prize Competition. Read through the problems you recorded on the Things that Bug Me problem log. Use Index cards or Post-It notes to share your number one choice of a problem you most would enjoy solving. Include WHO the USER is and ONE SPECIFIC PROBLEM. If you have initial ideas for the solution, post them as well. Place them on the board under the category you feel it fits under.
Homeowners need a way to stop squirrels from eating bird food.
Your teacher will set up paper bags or Solo cups with project names.
1. Each student will receive $300 in Inventure Bucks to invest in their favorite ideas.
2. Students will write their names in pencil on the back of the "bucks".
3. Students cannot vote for themselves.
4. Students will take a break & teachers will group students.
5. Students will work in groups for the remainder of the day.